Your teeth have turned yellow, how to whiten your teeth?
You want your teeth to be white again. Your smile to be dazzling again. You want to have confidence and self-esteem.
But you have yellowed or stained teeth. And you are worried that if you use a non-professional teeth whitening product, it could cause serious damage to your teeth. And the only dentists who can effectively whiten your teeth are those who specialize in professional teeth whitening.
Because whitening your teeth is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that is performed by a professional teeth whitening dentist. Unfortunately, there are many non-professional products available on the market that claim to whiten your teeth. Sadly these products may not be effective at all, and in fact, they may be damaging to your teeth.
To Help You Avoid All That
If you are thinking about whitening your teeth at home, you should be careful. The problem is that many of the non-professional products on the market today are too powerful and you could easily burn your gums. It is extremely important to always ask your dentist for advice on any teeth whitening treatment and how much is a teeth whitening treatment.
In this article, I will reveal simple tips you can follow to get a white and bright smile.
Let’s dive in…
Why do the teeth become yellow with age and why do I need to whiten my teeth.
Well, yes, it is. The reason behind this is that when the enamel becomes thinner and thinner, it leaves the teeth vulnerable to bacteria and plaque buildup. This plaque is responsible for turning the teeth yellow. The yellow stains also appear in between the teeth because the enamel becomes thin and is easily damaged. When the teeth start to become yellow it’s a sign that there’s been damage to the enamel.
How Do You Remove These Stains?
In order to whiten your teeth, the first step is to find a professional who has been trained in the procedure of teeth whitening. You’ll need a dentist who has undergone specialized training in this field. These dentists know which chemical compounds are safe to use. They will also know how to apply these compounds and in which concentrations.
What would be the dangers of not taking the advice of a professional teeth whitening dentist?
The risk of not getting professional teeth whitening is that it could cause damage to your teeth. Not only does it have the potential to cause damage, but it also costs money. A teeth whitening dentist can check for the presence of decay or gum disease. And can take photos of your teeth to see if any other issues are present. Once these conditions are ruled out, they can perform a teeth whitening procedure.
Now, teeth whitening can be a dangerous process. So, it’s essential to seek professional help. The process may result in bleeding gums and may even cause cracks in the tooth surface. Also, there are chances of sensitivity and infection. So, it’s always best to use a dental professional.
Types of Professional Teeth Whitening Processes
1. Laser Teeth Whitening
There are many reasons why people choose to use laser teeth whitening. For instance, it may be due to the fact that they are worried about the effects of traditional bleaching products on their teeth. This is because they may be sensitive to the chemicals used or they may be concerned about the amount of time it takes to achieve the desired results. In any case, with laser teeth whitening you will not have to worry about these issues.
After the gel has been applied to your teeth, a special laser is used to heat up the peroxide gel, which causes it to react and release oxygen. This oxygen then kills off the bacteria that cause stains and discoloration. The bleach reacts with the staining bacteria and removes them, leaving your teeth whiter than ever before.
The light from the laser travels in a very narrow beam. So, the closer the beam hits the tooth, the more intense the whitening.
2. Zoom Teeth Whitening
The Zoom teeth whitening process can be used on all teeth including the molars, canines, incisors, and bicuspids. It is recommended that you use Zoom on a regular basis to maintain the results of your whitening treatment.
Zoom Light Activation is a safe and effective way to lighten the color of your teeth. It is a powerful, yet safe, alternative to laser whitening. You will notice a significant improvement in the color of your teeth in just a few days.
Teeth Whitening at Home: Home Remedies
Many people are turning to professional-at-home whitening kits as an alternative to the more expensive clinical procedures.
Over-the-counter Teeth Whitening Products
Professional teeth whitening kits are a great way to get the best results. They can be used on a regular basis and will give you the whitest teeth possible.
White Glo Accelerator Teeth Whitening Kit
A popular combination of whitening gel, formulated with carbamide peroxide and natural ingredients activated by our high-powered LED teeth whitening light will remove years of stains from coffee, tea, wine, tobacco, & more-leaving you with the confident, beaming smile you deserve!
PolaDay Advanced Tooth Whitening System
The PolaDay 9.5 is the most intensive tooth-whitening treatment in the PolaDay line.
This high-quality whitening product has 9.5% hydrogen peroxide in it, which is one of the strongest whitening agents on the market today. In addition to reducing sensitivity and preventing plaque formation and tooth decay, Poladent Tooth & Gum Polish 9.5 works to give you a more beautiful smile. Best of all, you get these results in just 30 minutes!
Home Remedies for teeth whitening
1. Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a natural home remedy for teeth whitening. It’s a great way to whiten teeth naturally without using harsh chemicals.
2. Honey: Honey is another effective way to whiten teeth. It works by softening and polishing the teeth.
3. Lemon: Lemon juice is a great way to whiten your teeth. It can be used as a mouthwash or toothpaste.
4. Baking soda: Baking soda is another effective way to whiten your teeth. It can be used as a paste or a mouthwash.
5. Toothpaste: Toothpaste is another way to whiten your teeth. It can be used as a paste, or it can be applied directly to your teeth.
6. Baking soda and lemon: Baking soda and lemon juice are two of the most effective home remedies for teeth whitening. They can be used as a paste, or they can be used as a mouthwash.
7. Salt: Salt is another effective home remedy for teeth whitening. It can be used as a paste, or it can be applied directly to your teeth.
Risk of Teeth Sensitivity After Teeth Whitening Treatment
There are many reasons why teeth sensitivity may occur after teeth whitening treatments. The most common reason is that the enamel on the surface of the teeth is thinning. As the enamel becomes thinner, it becomes more porous, which allows more light to penetrate into the tooth. The light then stimulates nerves in the tooth, causing them to become sensitive. This can cause pain when eating or drinking hot or cold foods and beverages. The other reason is that the whitening solution used during the treatment can be irritating and can cause a burning sensation when it contacts the teeth. However, the problem is usually temporary.
In conclusion, you need to understand the process of teeth whitening in order to know how it works. In this article, we have discussed the role of teeth whitening dentists and what you need to know about teeth whitening treatment.
1. Is there any side effects of teeth whitening? There are no known side effects to teeth whitening.
2. What should I do before teeth whitening? Before you have your teeth whitened, you should make sure that your gums are healthy. You should also make sure that you brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day.
3. Can I use teeth whitening strips instead of whitening treatments? No, teeth whitening strips will not give you the same results as whitening treatments.
4. How long does teeth whitening take? It takes about an hour to apply the gel.
5. Will teeth whitening work on my crowns? Crowns are permanent. They can’t be whitened.
6. How often do I need to go for teeth whitening treatments? You will need to go to your dentist for whitening treatments every four to six weeks.
7. How long does it take for teeth whitening to work? Teeth whitening can take up to two hours. After that, it should take about six months to get the results you want.
8. How many times can I whiten my teeth? You can whiten your teeth as many times as you like.
9. What is the best way to whiten my teeth? There are many ways to whiten your teeth, and you can choose the one that works best for you. You can use a whitening treatment from the dentist or you can buy a home kit and do it yourself.
10. How much does it cost to whiten my teeth? The price will vary depending on the type of treatment and the length of time that it takes
Read Also: Dental care advice in older age