Van Insurance

Whether you drive your van for personal use or for work, you still need to make sure that you insure it properly. This should be the first thing you do before you take your van out onto the road. This is the same thing that you should be doing for both a car and a van. Both vehicles need insurance before you take them out on the road.

However, you cannot have just one insurance that covers both your car and van, as the insurances are different. You need to get the right sort of insurance for your vehicle, which is where car and van insurance differs. Getting insurance can protect you from a whole host of things, however, you just need to make sure that you get the right one for you. So, keep on reading to learn more about van insurance.

What Is Van Insurance?

Van insurance is like car insurance, in the sense that it protects you financially if your van is stolen, vandalised or damaged. It will also cover the cost if you injure someone in an accident, or damage someone’s property. Therefore, it is so important to make sure that you have van insurance before you start driving as you never know what might happen out on the road.

If you are thinking of getting a van, then you need to consider getting van insurance as soon as possible. Depending on what you need the van for, this will affect the type of insurance you get. Your age and experience will also affect the price of your insurance, so this is something that you should be aware of.

What Does It Cover?

When you do decide to get van insurance, you need to make sure that you get one that covers your kind of van. Most van insurances will cover light vans, Box Luton vans; Pick-ups, double or single cab vans and tippers. However, it’s important to double check that the insurance you are using will cover your kind of van.

You will also need to declare how heavy your van will be. Most insurances are happy to cover vans with a weight of 3.5 tonnes; however, some will cover up to 7.5 tonnes. This is something which you will need to check though. Particularly, if your van is used to carry heavy equipment. You will also be given three different types of cover – fully comprehensive, third party only and third party and theft.

Should You Get Private or Commercial Cover?

If you use your van for both business and personal use, you might be confused as to what sort of insurance to get you. A good insurance company will be able to tell you which insurance is best. However, if you would prefer a bit of peace and mind then most insurers only offer private van insurance if you use your van for social and domestic driver, not for anything work related.

If you use your van for your job (e.g. you are a builder), then you will need commercial cover. However, you can always get both, even if you think you just use your van for business related things only, it’s better to be safe if you decide to take your van out for a personal errand. As you can see though, although van insurance is similar to car insurance, it does have a few differences. The most important reason for getting insurance is to make sure that you are finically safe after an accident, and accidents do happen. If you are ever in an accident, then you need to make sure you see a doctor after an accident as soon as possible.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.