When you buy a bed for the first time, you want to protect it as much as possible. You don’t want it looking like it staged a war. This is why many people have considered getting a Mattress Protector. A mattress protector gives your cushion protection from spills, stains, and dirt. It is a great investment if you are looking to keep your sleeping area clean.
Should I Get a Mattress Protector or An Encasement? What is the difference?
A protector is a cover that protects your cushion from liquid spills and is essentially waterproof, while an encasement protects the cushion from a lot more. Other differences include:
- They cover only one side of the cushion; usually the part you sleep on.
- They protect the most used side against spills, bacteria, and other sources of allergies like dust.
- They have a cooling effect that makes them breathable even while protecting the cushion.
- It covers the entire cushion from top to bottom.
- Because of the length, they can be felt under the sheets.
- They are a little heavier and require quite the amount of work to remove for laundry.
Which One Should You Choose?
- Selecting between a protector and an encasement is really a matter of what you need. If you are looking for a protector against spills because you like snacking in bed, then a protector should be just enough.
- If you want protection for a bed that kids use, especially if they are active and get into it with dirty clothes, then an encasement is your best bet. It will also work better if you have a child or even an adult battling bedwetting. An encasement is great for areas you would consider high risk.
- Both encasement and protector offer protection from pests like bed bugs.
- In case you have overly sensitive skin that requires extra levels of cleanliness, you will need an encasement.
A Guide to Buying A Protector
There are various aspects that help you select the best mattress protector for your bed. They include;
One of the most important aspects to consider when looking for a good protector is the material it is made of. You want something that is waterproof and dustproof but also easy to clean. Select something like polyester or terry cloth for a great protector.
The Amount of Protection You Want
If you want something that will last long, even with exposure to liquids, you should consider checking the amount of time the manufacturer promises it lasts. If something repels liquids for a long time, its breathability might be affected.
What are People Saying Online?
One of the best ways to tell if things work or don’t is by reading reviews on them. The people who have bought it before and used it will tell you just how great they work or if they fail terribly. Reviews can save you quite an amount of money and effort by telling you what is bad and what is good.
Buying a protector can save you a lot in upholstery and cleaning services. It is a great investment for your health as well. Consider these factors and use them to make the right decision.