Jailbreaking is usually a term used with Apple iOS systems, a technique which grants full scale privileged access to the operating system allowing users to perform task that otherwise the manufacture by default does not. In terms of Apple Phones or iPhones, jailbreaking refers to the task of tweaking with the operating system through the computer to get superuser access to your iPhone.
On the other hand the Amazon Firestick adopts a completely different approach for Jailbreaking without requiring any complex tools. But the real question is, how does one jailbreak their Firestick device? In this context Jailbreaking essentially means giving permission to your device for the installation of third party apps hat are otherwise not available on Amazon App Store.
Jailbreaking is not illegal even though the word is a hefty one but you play around with options already available on your device. For instance, the Firestick makes use of the Android Operating System which has the capacity to install apk files hence there is not anything out of the blue when it comes to Jailbreaking here. Let’s take a closer look at how jailbreaking is performed.
How to Jailbreak Firestick Device?
Follow these steps stated below to quickly Jailbreak your Firestick Device:
- Access the menu for Settings on your Firestick from the remote.
- Tap on Device or My Fire TV according to the operating system you are using.
- Then click on Developers Option.
- Now switch ON the second option which is for “Apps from Unknown Sources”. Switching ON this option will let you side load any app on your Firestick device.
- Now you need the Downloader App to download Kodi App.
You will then be able to install as many apps as you want. Kodi is a famous streaming app and is the first choice for people who have just Jailbroken their Amazon Firestick Device. It is the hub for an unlimited library of content including movies, TV Shows, cartoons, Live TV and Sports. If you successfully install Kodi you will not have to pay for any other streaming service on your Firestick device. Here is how:
- Launch the Downloader App and access the Download Manager present right beneath the tools section.
- Tap on New button present at the bottom of the menu.
- A window for download will pop open. Access this link http://kodi.tv/download, choose Android from the list of Operating systems and fetch the URL to run on the 32-bit version. This version is recommended to be used on Firestick Device.
- Copy and paste this address in the URL section of the Downloader App and enter Kodi as its name.
- Tap on Download Now and your apk file will begin downloading. The file is around 60MB in total size and will require some time for downloading according to the speed of your internet.
- When the file has finished downloading launch it open and complete its installation.
- Start enjoying unlimited content for free.
If you have Firestick as your jailbroken device then you would have unlimited access to multiple features. Even though there are many other apps to be used instead of Kodi but Kodi still remains at the top on Jailbroken Firestick devices.